Hexham Racecourse Terms and Conditions
General - All badges, tickets, car parking charges and hospitality packages are sold subject to these terms and conditions.
1.The company shall not be liable to the racegoers for any failure or omission or breach caused by an event or events beyond the control of the Company such as, but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, order of a Government Ministry or department or public authority, fire, flood, natural catastrophe, royal demise, labour dispute, lock out, withdrawal of labour or breakdown or interruption of services or transport (public or otherwise) or death or illness of a key person.
a) The happening of such an event, the obligations of the Company and any period of time that running shall be suspended for the period of the event plus such time as maybe required to resume normally
b) Such an event shall not entitle the racegoers to take any steps against the Company for breach or to terminate the agreement or otherwise.
2. Entry into and the right to remain within the racecourse property are subject to the requirement to submit to a search or a number of searches, of racegoers, their baggage, or vehicles in which they travel. Any person deemed to be under the influence of alcohol will not be admitted onto the premises. Any person deemed to be a danger or threat to the safety of others will not be admitted onto the premises. Any person whose behaviour and demeanour is judged to be a threat to others’ enjoyment of the event shall not be admitted to the event.
3. Any person failing to comply with instructions from a steward or police officer may be ejected from the Racecourse.
4. We have no strict dress code but smart casual dress is requested in the Club Enclosure and Hospitality Rooms.
5. Please observe any designated no drinking areas. Alcoholic beverages must not be carried or consumed in these areas. Glass is prohibited from being taken outside the bars.
6. Amateur photography is accepted but only without flash equipment.
7.Portable telephones may not be used anywhere on the Racecourse for betting purposes. Flags, banners and other articles or any behaviour such as drunkenness, abusive conduct, singing or shouting which may constitute an annoyance to spectators or distract or frighten the horses are prohibited.
8. Lost or stolen badges or tickets will not be replaced.
9. Subject to the provisions of clause 1 which shall prevail over this clause, in the event of abandonment before racing or up to the “weighed-in” of the first race there will be a full refund of badge and ticket money. In the event of abandonment thereafter there will be no refunds. No cash refunds to be paid on the day. All refunds to be administered after the meeting by post. In order to qualify for a refund the customer must follow the procedure listed below.
a) Make a note of the badge or ticket number.
b) Send the badges and or tickets along with a covering letter stating name address of sender and if different, name and address of purchaser, to; H A M C Ltd T/A Hexham Racecourse | High Yarridge | Hexham | Northumberland | NE46 2JP. To be valid requests must be received in writing within one month of the abandoned raceday. The Company shall have no responsibility or liability of any nature in respect of any refund request received after that time.
10. All persons visiting the Racecourse are admitted subject to these Regulations and to the Rules of Racing. The Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to remove from the Racecourse, in its absolute discretion and without giving any reasons, any person failing to comply with such Rules and Regulations or whose presence is, in its absolute discretion, a source of danger or annoyance and shall have no obligation to give any reason therefore.
Any person not adhering to a stewards instruction may be removed from the premises
11. The Company shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense or any consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind.
12. Lost children and lost property inquiries should be made at the Racecourse office situated adjacent to the turnstiles.
13. The Betting Ring Manager will be available to assist in any betting disputes.
14. Bookmakers must possess a valid betting badge and be occupying an authorised pitch to be entitled to lay bets. Anyone contravening this condition will be evicted.
15. The Horserace Betting levy Board prize money schemes provides for the inclusion of prize money at this Racecourse.
16. In the event of an emergency – bomb scare, fire hazard etc all areas must be evacuated. Please listen to announcements over the public address system and follow any instructions. Any emergency should be reported immediately to a member of the Racecourse Staff and or the Racecourse Office.