NEW: You can view or download the RACECOURSE 2017 FLYER, which includes fixtures, information on advertising, membership, sponsorship, hospitality, entry prices and location here (3MB PDF). If printing please bear in mind that the flyer is in full colour.
How to find the Racecourse
Hexham Racecourse is set in the heart of the beautiful Northumberland countryside about two miles south of the town centre and within easy reach of many of the places of interest. The visithexham.net website is an excellent resource for accommodation, eateries, pubs, attractions, shopping and things to do if you want to spend more time in the town before or after racing.
If you are using Sat Nav to find the racecourse please make sure you use the postcode NE46 2JP and not that for the racecourse office.
- Turn into Hexham at the main roundabout on A69 Newcastle to Carlisle trunk road. Cross the river bridge, straight over the roundabout, then over the railway bridge and immediately turn left at the mini roundabout.
- Pass the Railway Station on the left and then an V.W. Garage following the road up to the main Hexham thoroughfare. Turn right at the mini-roundabout and pass the County Hotel on the left.
- You’ll shortly pass the bus station on the left and a HSBC Bank on the right. Take the next turning on the left between a Boots chemist and the Tap and Spile public house. This is Eastgate.
- Go up Eastgate for about 400 yards where the road forks. Take the right fork (Dipton Mill Road) and climb steep hill until just reaching the brow (about ½ mile).
- Turn right here and straight ahead until reaching racecourse on the left (about ½ mile).
A map showing the location of entrances, restaurants, enclosures, car parks, suites, paddock, stables, toilets etc can be viewed here in colour.
The plan can also be found in the racecards.
There is ample free parking at the course and disabled parking spaces, which are marked on the above racecourse plan. If you required further details please contact the office.
Facilities for people with disabilities?
Hexham Racecourse has free disabled parking and there is a lift in the main Ramshaw Stand.
There is a viewing area for wheelchair users. This is located next to the Parade Ring and overlooking the racecourse.
Disabled toilets can be found on the first floor of the Ramshaw Stand, the toilet block at the top of the Parade Ring and the toilet block at the back of the Princess Anne Bar.
Disabled parking and the viewing area for wheelchair users are identified on the racecourse plan in locations 20 and 12 respectively.
Free Buses provided by the racecourse
On racedays there are two courtesy buses, laid on by the racecourse, which run from Hexham Railway Station with a pick-up at the Bus Station and return from the course after the meetings.
Advanced Taxis, based in Hexham, also specialise in transporting racegoers to and from the course. You can find out more about the company and book a taxi online on their website www.advancedtaxis.com.
Details of train times and fares, to and from Hexham railway station, can be found on thetrainline.com website.
Please note that the racecourse is not responsible for the content of external websites and cannot be held repsonsible for any inaccuracies or errors on these third party sites.