Hexham Racecourse 2018 Booklet/Flyer
The booklet, which includes fixtures, information on advertising, membership, sponsorship, hospitality, entry prices and location can be viewed or downloaded here (1.6MB).
How to find the Racecourse
Hexham Racecourse is set in the heart of the beautiful Northumberland countryside about two miles south of the town centre and within easy reach of many of the places of interest. The visithexham.net website is an excellent resource for accommodation, eateries, pubs, attractions, shopping and things to do if you want to spend more time in the town before or after racing.
If you are using Sat Nav to find the racecourse, please use postcode NE46 2JP.
- Turn into Hexham at the main roundabout on A69 Newcastle to Carlisle trunk road. Cross the river bridge, straight over the roundabout, then over the railway bridge and immediately turn left at the mini roundabout.
- Pass the Railway Station on the left and then a Matthew Charlton store following the road up to the main Hexham thoroughfare. Turn right at the mini-roundabout and pass the County Hotel on the left.
- Continue on the main street for 200 yards. Take the turning on the left between a chemist and the Tap and Spile Pub. This is Eastgate.
- Go up Eastgate for about 400 yards where the road forks. Take the right fork (Dipton Mill Road) and climb steep hill until just reaching the brow (about ½ mile).
- Turn right here and straight ahead until reaching the racecourse on the left (about ½ mile).
The FULL SIZE PLAN with a key to all the facilities at the racecouse can be viewed, downloaded or printed HERE. It includes the location of entrances, restaurants, enclosures, car parking, suites, paddock, stables and more.
The plan can also be found in the racecards.
There is ample free parking at the course and disabled parking spaces, which are marked on the above racecourse plan in location L. If you require further details, please contact the Racecourse Office.
Facilities for people with disabilities?
Hexham Racecourse has free disabled parking and there is a lift in the main Ramshaw Stand.
There is a viewing area for wheelchair users. This is located next to the Parade Ring and overlooking the racecourse.
Disabled toilets can be found on the first floor of the Ramshaw Stand, the toilet block at the top of the Parade Ring and the toilet block at the back of the Princess Anne Bar.
Disabled viewing area for wheelchair users is identified on the racecourse plan in location C.
Free Buses provided by the racecourse
On racedays there are two courtesy buses, laid on by the racecourse, which run from Hexham Railway Station and Hexham Bus Station and return from the course after the last race. These run on 'first come, first served' basis and the pick-up times are shown on the news page a few days before each meeting. The service is run by Tyne Valley Coaches.
Advanced Taxis, based in Hexham, also specialise in transporting racegoers to and from the course. You can find out more about the company and book a taxi online on their website www.advancedtaxis.com.
Details of train times and fares, to and from Hexham railway station, can be found on thetrainline.com website.
Please note that the racecourse is not responsible for the content of external websites and cannot be held repsonsible for any inaccuracies or errors on these third party sites.